Wednesday, May 4, 2011

unsound minds at play

tell me that ive lost my mind
hush little baby dont you cry
because when it comes down to the point
when were at the end of our wire
we will raise our voice in joy as they set the fires
and burn us to the ground

and what cant be found
is left in translation
what weve left behind
cant be changed with any amount of erasing
youll never hide the stains
and you cant escape the rain
its carressing the dead skin on my back
and peeling off my face
thank god that you arent around
to witness my fallfrom grace

summer air, leave me pale
out of breath and unafraid
leave me to my devices
tied to the speeding train
i cant be slain
no matter how bad it seems it never ends
i just get back up and start again

if you need a place for shelter
turn and look the other way
because im to lost and broken
to even know your name
much less my own
were tossed and thrown
into the pit of flames

ive got so much to do and so little time
every moment precious
can you chime in on the next line,
and wrap me up
before i ramble on again
like a distressed forgotten refrain
the only thing ive left to ask is this
do you feel the same
and can you find it in your heart to ever love me again
im not well anymore, not speaking to myself
can you tell me whats my name its lost again

No comments:

Post a Comment