Friday, February 18, 2011

mission statments of the defiant

reconcile your imperfection
so you can mollify your pain
focus on your own addictions
and alleviate the strain

its all about convictions
and can you sanctify your name
get up off your high perch
and learn to fly again

" dont turn the lights out
cause im not going home
give me a place to stand
and i will move the earth
a heart is just a broken thing
that i dont have and dont deserve
so dont pick me up let me learn this on my own
but dont turn the lights out cause im not goin home"

preach your words into my ears
sedate my disbelief and disavow my fear
that maybe im not good enough
pierce the veil around my soul its tough
but you can take away my tears
and though my edges are rough
dont give up when i can almost hear

" dont turn the lights out
cause im not going home
wont give it up now
i can make it on my own
its not that i dont need help
im just to dependant on myself
to know when its okay
to let someone else bare the strain
and i dont want to feel like ive left you in the rain
if i take your helping hand and escape
so dont give up your almost through
your message is painful but its true
and i dont know what to do
if i cant do iton my own
so dont turn the lights out
cause i cant stand to be alone"

the stars are falling once again
and i can catch them in my filth hands
will you dance
teach me the steps
and we will turn back the clock
if only for a minute

give me a chance
to show you my world
and just observe
the changes i have made
to survive all the hardship thrown at me
would you think me weak
or would you applaud me

would you tell me i did good
or would you cut me out again
can you hear
are you listening
am i talking to myself
somethings even to you i cant explain

there are these things
that make it difficult
im not forgetting
but i would forgive you anything
im not upset its just no shock to me
that when everything falls down
i turn around ,
and once again
your nowhere to be found

" dont turn the lights out
cause i dont want to go home
im not ready to call it quits
even as the curtain closes
im quite used to being alone
i think i can make it on my own
leave me anywhere you want
but you cant take me home
becuase theres nowhere i can go
and call it home

give me a moment and break me
and i will repair the tear
hold my heart to your heart and swear
that you will be there
dont turn the lights out
its not over theres more to be shown
dont turn the lights out
cause im not ready to go home"



No comments:

Post a Comment